This rich, dark chocolate cake is high in protein and nutrients like zinc and essential fatty acids (linoleic and oleic fatty acids). Because of its richness, serve it with a light, fruity sauce or sliced fresh strawberries. Watch the baking time closely. Test for doneness after about 35 minutes. If the top of the cake feels jiggly to the touch it needs more time, if not, pull it out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the pumpkin seed flour, cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, oil, coconut milk, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Place pan on the center rack in the oven and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then run a knife around the edge of the pan and flip cake onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. It is delicious served with fresh berries and coconut whipped cream!